THE SITE OR MOBILE APPLICATION IS MADE AVAILABLE FOR INFORMATIONAL AND CONVENIENCE PURPOSES ONLY AND IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. KSU MAKES NO WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION WHATSOEVER, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO THE QUALITY, CONTENT, ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, CURRENCY, FREEDOM FROM COMPUTER VIRUS, SUITABILITY FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OF PROPRIETARY RIGHTS, OF ANY OF THE SERVICES PROVIDED OR INFORMATION PUBLISHED ON THE SITE OR MOBILE APPLICATION, OR ANY OF THE DESIGN, TEXT, GRAPHICS, IMAGES, PAGES, INTERFACES, LINKS, SOFTWARE, OR OTHER MATERIALS, DOCUMENTS, AND ITEMS CONTAINED IN OR DISPLAYED OR PUBLISHED ON THE SITE OR MOBILE APPLICATION. YOU ARE FULLY AND SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR USE OF SUCH ITEMS AND MATERIALS AND FOR ANY RESULTS OR CONSEQUENCES OF YOUR USE. THE INFORMATION PROVIDED ON THE SITE OR MOBILE APPLICATION IS COMPILED FROM A VARIETY OF SOURCES, INCLUDING FROM SOURCES BEYOND THE CONTROL OF KSU, AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE FROM KSU. COMMERCIAL USE OF THE SITE OR MOBILE APPLICATION IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED. TO THE EXTENT YOU USE, APPLY, OR IMPLEMENT THE INFORMATION PROVIDED ON THE SITE OR MOBILE APPLICATION IN YOUR OWN INFORMATION SYSTEM OR OTHER SETTING, OR OTHERWISE FOR YOUR OWN PURPOSES, YOU DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK.
NEITHER KSU NOR ITS EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS ARE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE OR OTHER DAMAGES (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF BUSINESS, LOSS OF DATA OR LOST PROFITS), UNDER ANY CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHER THEORY ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING IN ANY WAY TO THE SITE OR MOBILE APPLICATION AND/OR INFORMATION AND MATERIALS CONTAINED ON THE SITE OR MOBILE APPLICATION OR ANY EXTERNAL SITE OR MOBILE APPLICATION (defined below), EVEN IF KSU HAS BEEN ADVISED OF OR SHOULD HAVE KNOWN OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. YOUR SOLE REMEDY FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE SITE OR MOBILE APPLICATION OR ANY EXTERNAL SITE OR MOBILE APPLICATION IS TO STOP USING THE SITE OR MOBILE APPLICATION OR EXTERNAL SITE OR MOBILE APPLICATION.
B. Intellectual Property
C. Copyright Infringement Claims
The Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (“DMCA”) provides recourse for copyright owners who believe that material posted on an Internet site or mobile application infringes their rights under U.S. copyright law. KSU will process all notices of alleged infringement and will take appropriate action as required by the DMCA and other applicable intellectual property laws. If you believe in good faith that your work has been used on the Site or mobile application in a way that infringes your copyright, please notify KSU and provide the following information:
• A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
• Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed (or if multiple copyrighted works located on the Site or mobile application are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works);
• Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit KSU to locate the material on the Site or mobile application;
• Information reasonably sufficient to permit KSU to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted;
• A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
• A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
D. Governing Law; Forum
We reserve the right to terminate your access to and use of the Site or mobile application or any portion thereof, at any time and for any reason, with or without cause. KSU shall have no liability for any such termination, following which your right to use the Site or mobile application shall immediately cease.
Last updated 4/8/16
The ParkApps website or mobile application is a service provided by Kent State University through its College of Education, Health and Human Services. We recognize the importance of privacy to site or mobile application visitors and account holders.
We do not collect personally identifiable information about you on ParkApps without your knowledge or action.
ParkApps visitors and account holders should be aware of the following information:
What We Collect:
• Personally identifiable information provided to us through our account user profile form.
o Please do not submit sensitive personally identifiable information such as social security numbers, driver's license numbers or medical or financial information through our account user profile form.
• Generic, Internet-user information. Such information may include:
o Internet protocol address of the individual computer (or proxy server) making the request,
o Type of internet browser or computer operating system you are using,
o Date and time you accessed this site or mobile application,
o Locations within the park you may have traveled, collected anonymously for the purposes of providing the park staff with information to make park improvements or used for the purpose of providing you, the user, with your own information,
o Web pages visited or mobile application on this site or mobile application, and
o Internet address of the site or mobile application from which you may have linked to this site or mobile application.
How We Collect Information:
• Personally identifiable information is collected through voluntary disclosure by you through our account log in and profile forms.
• Our web site or mobile application uses log files and web cookies to capture generic, Internet-user information each time a request is made to view a page within this web site or mobile application.
What We Do With the Information We Collect:
• Personally identifiable information you submit through your user profile is used so that we can better serve our account users and more accurately tailor the site or mobile application to their interests.
• All generic Internet-user information collected through server log files is used in aggregate form to analyze usage trends and statistics to help us improve our web site or mobile application.
• All anonymous or aggregated data is used to study the impact of mobile learning in parks and park settings.
Cookies may be used when necessary to process data submitted to us online, or to facilitate ongoing Internet interaction.
You do not need to have cookies turned on in your browser to use the site or mobile application; however, without cookies certain of the automated functions and features of the site or mobile application will not be available to you.
Ohio public records law requires state agencies to disclose most documents and records, including electronic records. Therefore, information submitted through this web site or mobile application may be subject to disclosure pursuant to a public records request. Please be aware that for public records, Ohio law requires us to disclose the records despite requests to keep information confidential.
Access and Dispute of Information:
Under sections 1347.08 and 1347.09 of the Ohio Revised Code, individuals have access rights to their information maintained in personal information systems. "Access rights" means you have the right, with limits, to inspect, correct, and dispute such information.